This multiple Queen’s Award winning company is headquartered in the UK, from where it designs, manufactures and sells scientific instruments for the measurement of powder properties. Its products are recognised globally as the leaders in their field and are utilised by many multinational customers around the world in sectors as diverse as pharmaceutical, toner, ceramics, food and chemical.
The primary role of the IT Systems Developer is to maintain, develop and improve the company’s CRM and management database systems. In addition, this role is also responsible for management and development of the company’s websites and distribution of external media.
- Develop, improve and maintain the company’s bespoke database system which manages customer relations, stock control, pricing information, document control, production records and non-conformance reporting, (MS Access front end with MS SQL Server backend.)
- Develop and maintain company websites.
- Work with the company’s Marketing team to support online promotional activities.
- Work with possible 3rd party to optimise and maintain company network and infrastructure for the UK and remote offices.
- Strong Visual Basic knowledge including experience of the following:
- User controls
- COM objects
- MS Exchange and MS Outlook integration
- MS Excel and Adobe PDF integration
- Reporting and exporting data
- Periodic data housekeeping
- Extensive knowledge of PHP and MySQL including:
- OOP design and implementation
- User controls in CSS3/HTML5 design
- JQuery and Ajax integration
- MySQL data storage and retrieval
- Customisable update control panel
- Good understanding of Windows Server Environment
- Windows Exchange 2008
- SQL Server 2008
- MDaemon email services
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Security and backup procedures
- Working knowledge of web servers
- Windows IIS 7 and upwards.
- Linux/Ubuntu – Task Automation and Intranet services
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services including user activity logs
- General Office Support
- Occasional assistance in managing desktop and laptop devices, and peripherals, using Windows XP, 7 and 8
- Basic application support including MS Office Suite, Sage, AutoCad and SolidWorks
- Assistance with MS PowerPoint presentations, graphics manipulation and video editing
- Staff training
Candidate SkillsThis role is most suited to an individual with a strong and varied background in IT. Candidates must be organised and efficient with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to communicate well with colleagues and 3rd parties at all levels.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a dedicated and focused team in a fast growing organisation.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com.