This multiple Queen’s Award winning company is headquartered in the UK, from where it designs, manufactures and sells scientific instruments for the measurement of powder properties. Its products are recognised globally as the leaders in their field and are utilised by many multinational customers around the world in sectors as diverse as pharmaceutical, toner, ceramics, food and chemical.
The primary responsibility of this role is to conduct sales operations in central and southern US, in order to promote the company’s globally leading technology in the field of powder characterisation. The role will include visits to prospective customers for presentations and demonstration of the company’s products, as well as carrying out telephone and email promotion to accelerate sales in the region. The role will be supported by applications specialists who will assist with application know-how.
The company is headquartered in the UK and incorporated in the US in 2012. Its products are widely recognised as being the leading technology in their field and it has already established a strong customer base in North America, with year on year growth exceeding 20%. The company’s products have application in all powder processing industries from pharmaceutical, food, chemical, automotive, toner, batteries and cosmetics, with value added in R&D, Processing, Technical Services and QA.
The company has ambitious but realistic targets for growth, based on a robust understanding of the market potential. Having established a solid foundation over the last few years, their intention now is to rapidly accelerate their growth and penetration in the US market, and therefore this role offers the successful candidate real opportunity to reach and exceed sales target, with an above average remuneration package on offer. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their position into the role of national sales manager, as the company realises continued growth.
The role represents a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with globally leading products and to benefit significantly from its expansion. The ideal candidate will therefore be eager to contribute to the company’s development and demonstrate a high level of commitment.
Scope & Principal Duties
- Sell directly across the USA by making appointments to present and / or demonstrate the company’s products.
- Promotion of company’s products via telephone, email and web based presentations to develop leads into customers.
- Organise and attend exhibitions, conferences and sales seminars, with the assistance of other team members, delivering technical presentations and posters where possible.
- Achieve or exceed sales targets, whilst maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the company’s products and its applications.
- Submit reports as required by sales management.
- Maintain contacts and opportunities using the company’s CRM system.
- Develop and execute sales strategy for maximising penetration of the company’s products.
- Maintain contact with existing customers to promote new products and ensure ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Work with the Applications, Technical Support and Customer Support groups to ensure that a teamwork environment is established and customer service and support is of the highest standard.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the Application Specialist and the in house personnel to facilitate team selling when needed.
- Develop strong working relationships with purchasing agents at key accounts.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
- BSc or BEng in physical sciences or engineering preferred.
- 3 years sales experience of high value capital equipment, with proven track record of hitting sales targets.
- Experience with instrumentation for characterising physical properties of particles and powders would be an advantage.
- Experience of powder processing environments, and / or pharmaceutical manufacturing operations preferred.
- Demonstrate proficiency in delivery of business style presentations.
- Practical, with ability to demonstrate and explain sophisticated scientific instruments.
- Common sense selling skills and account management skills are essential.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across a range of platforms, including but not limited to telephone, email and web presentations.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication and training skills.
Position Specific Requirements
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.