Freeman Technology is a multiple Queen’s Award winning company, headquartered in the UK, from where it designs, manufactures and sells scientific instruments for the measurement of powder properties. Its products are recognised globally as the leaders in their field and are utilised by multinational companies in sectors as diverse as pharmaceutical, chemical, toner, food and ceramics.
The company has been operating remotely in Germany for over 12 years but increased demand for the company’s primary product, the FT4 Powder Rheometer®, means that we are now seeking an experienced Product Manager to conduct sales operations in Germany. The role will encompass all activities required to promote the company’s technology including visits to prospective customers for presentations, and demonstration of the company’s products, combined with telephone and email promotion to accelerate sales in the region. The role will be supported in marketing and administrative activities by an experienced and dedicated team at the UK Headquarters. The UK team will also provide applications and service support to new and existing users in the region.
Location is flexible but candidates should ideally be based close to industrial centres in the South or West of Germany.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell directly across Germany by making appointments to present and / or demonstrate the company's products - Geschäftsentwicklung.
- Achieve or exceed sales targets, whilst maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction - Kommerzielle Verkäufe.
- Promotion of company’s products via telephone, email and web based presentations to develop leads into customers.
- Organise and attend exhibitions, conferences and sales seminars, with the assistance of other team members, delivering technical presentations and posters where possible.
- Develop and execute sales strategies for maximising penetration of the company’s products.
- Work with the company’s PR partners and other team members to develop the company’s presence on online media platforms.
- Work with the Applications, Technical Support, Customer Support and Production groups to ensure that a teamwork environment is established and customer service and support is of the highest standard.
- Develop strong working relationships with purchasing agents at key accounts.
Skills & Experience
- Dipl.-Ing. or MSc / MEng in physical sciences or engineering preferred.
- Significant sales experience of high value capital equipment, with proven track record.
- Experience with instrumentation for characterising physical properties of particles and powders would be an advantage - Powder Testing – Pulvertest, Powder Flow – Pulverfluss, Powder Characterisation – Pulvercharakterisierung.
- Experience of powder processing – Pulververarbeitung environments and / or pharmaceutical manufacturing operations preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with ability to deliver presentations in a clear and competent manner, in both English and German..
In return we are offering a fantastic opportunity to join a pioneering company selling a unique patented technology. The company anticipates rapid growth over the next few years providing the successful candidate with the opportunity to exceed ambitious but realistic sales targets. The successful candidate will initially be employed by Freeman Technology Ltd, in accordance with German law, but plans to establish a German subsidiary in the near future will also present opportunities in more senior roles as the operation grows. The role offers a competitive salary and uncapped commission as well as company car, flexible working location and the chance to join a rapidly growing business.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.