Freeman Technology manufactures a precision laboratory instrument which is utilised by a wide range of industries around the world for measuring the flow properties of powders.
A Production & Field Service Engineer is required to be based at the company’s head office located in modern facilities near Tewkesbury. The role also provides opportunity for travel as detailed below.
The successful candidate will become part of a small but efficient team and therefore needs to be a versatile individual prepared to learn and apply all aspects of the production process and offer the flexibility required of the field activities. A practical engineering background is essential in order to understand the importance of the hardware and an appreciation that the tasks involved are not just routine, mass-production activities.
Duties & Responsibilities of Production Role
- Assembly and testing of mechanical and electro-mechanical items.
- Understanding the purpose and function of the items used in the build of our products.
- Acceptance testing of assemblies including performance tests required to ensure that all parts of the instruments or equipment meet specification.
- Maintaining the company database with respect to all manufactured and purchased items as well as other information relating to assembly build and test.
- Helping to maintain work instructions including drawings, photographs, videos, etc.
- Communication with suppliers with occasional visits possible.
- Inspection of goods received, implementation of company’s non-conformance policy where necessary and control of stock levels using the company database.
- Working with the existing team to maintain a harmonious and efficient company.
Additional Skills Required
- Ability to contribute in an engineering sense to the improvement of our products by helping to identify shortcomings and opportunities.
- Identifying improvements in assembly and / or testing procedures.
- Assistance in a development role in relation to drawings, procurement, build and evaluation of components and assemblies.
- Experience of CAD would be preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities of Field Service Role
- Visits to customer sites to perform regular Preventative Maintenance Services and breakdown visits as required.
- Regular travel throughout Europe with the possibility of occasional trips to Rest of World.
- Managing of all aspects of service role including preparation and maintenance of service kit.
- Prompt, detailed reporting following each service visit including updating the company database as required.
- Liaison with other members of the Freeman Technology team to provide customer feedback following site visits.
- Email and telephone based technical support to end-users as required.
- Preparing and maintaining work instructions for service activities.
- Providing service training for engineers working with Freeman Technology’s distributors.
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join a dedicated team as part of a successful, growing company.
Benefits include 25 days annual leave per annum, optional contributory pension scheme and a discretionary bonus.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com.