Freeman Technology is a multiple Queen’s Award winning company headquartered in the UK that manufactures and sells globally leading technology in the field of powder characterisation. The Company’s products are employed in a diverse range of industries around the world including pharmaceutical, bulk chemical, food, metallurgy and electronics. In recent years the Company has established subsidiaries in the USA and China as well as distribution partners and agencies in countries such as India, Japan, Brazil and France.
With a competitive remuneration package on offer, this role represents a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with a globally leading product. The ideal candidate will be eager to contribute to the Company’s continued development, as well as progress their own career.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to drive and manage the Company’s R&D programme in order to progress the development of new products and test methodologies as well as increase the understanding of the fundamentals of powder behaviour. Further details are provided below.
Research & Development
- Undertaking R&D activities to demonstrate the application of existing methodologies and to develop new test and analysis techniques.
- Proposing potential areas for study with management.
- Designing experimental procedures with clear targets, milestone and timescales.
- Managing tests and analysis.
- Regular and clear reporting to management
- Writing experimental reports to summarise findings
- Working with other Company departments to draft white papers, conference papers and journal articles based on completed R&D work
- Drafting abstracts for submission to relevant conferences and seminars
- Contributing to new application notes illustrating how the Company’s technology can be applied
- Work with the Company’s Marketing team to ensure timely completion of all abstracts, papers and articles
- Presenting the results of R&D studies at conferences and seminars
- Increase the Company’s understanding of powder behaviour and powder processing applications in particular with respect to the challenges faced by scientists and engineers in our field.
- Identify areas in which the Company could expand its present product offering and make proposals to management.
- Subject to approval, design experiments to further evaluate the potential of such proposals.
- Work with the Laboratory and Engineering teams to take new products through to completion, to include:
- Analysis and implementation of user requirements
- Design optimisation
- Data validation
- Regular feedback to management
Other Duties Include:
- A background in materials science is essential
- A strong analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Inquisitive nature with the drive to see complex projects through to completion
- Ability to motivate others to contribute to projects as required
This role reports to the Operations Director and works in close conjunction with all aspects of the business.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.