Applications Specialist UK
Freeman Technology, part of the Micromeritics Instrument Corporation, provides systems for the measurement of powder flow properties. With a strong process focus and significant commitment to R&D and applications development, the company provides comprehensive support alongside its range of products. Expert teams guide and support users in addressing specific powder challenges.
Description of Role
The primary responsibilities of this role are to provide pre- and post-sales support to maximise client/customer satisfaction as well as providing support to global sales teams and Channel Partners. This will require a good understanding of FT methodologies and applications and the ability to interpret test data with respect to the issues arising in powder processing environments.
In addition to the above, responsibilities will include responding to prospects seeking information, supporting sales activities and promoting Freeman Technology and its products.
The role represents a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the growth of Freeman Technology as part of the wide Micromeritics group. The ideal candidate will be eager to contribute to the company’s development and demonstrate a high level of commitment.
- Advising customers on methodology, data analysis and interpretation
- Discussing powder processing issues and providing expert opinion where possible
- Evaluating client/customer powders – either personally or via our lab staff and presenting the report and reviewing outcomes with the client
- Installation and training following sale
- Visiting customers to provide post installation training and/or to discuss process and data interpretation issues
- Visiting worldwide distributors to provide training and support
- Attending exhibitions and conferences primarily in Europe and occasionally worldwide
Sales Support Responsibilities
- Responding to enquiries from prospects requesting information, quotations and/or sample testing - using telephone, email and online presentation software
- Demonstration visits to prospects
- Arranging and presenting seminars, both in-house and externally
- Using and maintaining company systems to manage and record activities
- Managing all customer support activities and taking responsibility for addressing clients’ needs
- Delegating activities to the relevant department when appropriate
- Seeking expert opinion or involvement when necessary
- Implementation and analysis of customer satisfaction surveys
- Good engineering and technical understanding (product and application specific training will be provided)
- Excellent communication skills both in person and via telephone
- Ability to convey complex technical information to a wide audience in a clear and logical manner, in both written and spoken formats
- Good organisational skills
- A strong team player who can also demonstrate the ability to work independently and be relied upon use their initiative when required
- Prepared to travel internationally on an individual basis or as part of a team
This role reports to the Operations Director and works in close conjunction with Administration, R&D and Sales & Marketing teams.
The role represents a great opportunity for the right individual to join a dedicated team as part of a successful, growing company.
Salary dependent on skills and experience. Benefits include 25 days annual leave per annum, contributory pension scheme and eligibility for a Performance Bonus Plan.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.