Product Manager - Germany
Due to increased demand for FT products in the region, the Company is seeking a Product Manager for Germany.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support sales operations throughout Germany in order to promote FT’s class-leading powder characterisation technology. The role will include supporting regional MIC Account Managers in Germany to further grow sales of FT products in the territory. The individual will be expected to visit prospective customers for presentations and demonstration of FT products, and carry out lead generation activities, such as telephone and email promotion, to further accelerate sales.
The Product Manager will may also be required to support sales activities in other German speaking regions.
Support will be provided by MIC and FT management as well as from dedicated applications, marketing and service teams at the FT UK Head Office.
FT products are widely recognised as being the leading technology in their field with a strong customer base in Germany already established. The products have application in all powder processing industries from pharmaceutical, food, chemical, automotive, toner, batteries and cosmetics, with value added in R&D, Processing, Technical Services and QA.
The role represents a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing division of a globally leading company and to benefit significantly from its expansion. The ideal candidate will therefore be eager to contribute to the Company’s development and demonstrate a high level of commitment.
Scope and Principal Duties
- Work with FT and MIC management to develop and implement a robust and effective sales strategy for FT products in Germany
- Promote and support the sales of FT products in Germany including liaising with regional Account Managers
- Assist with direct sales activities throughout Germany including lead generation, prospect nurturing, presentation visits and product demonstrations
- Support and attend exhibitions, conferences and sales seminars, with the assistance of other team members, delivering technical presentations and posters where possible
- Achieve sales targets and other KPIs, whilst maintaining profitability and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Develop a strong working knowledge of FT products and applications
- Submit reports as required by management
- Maintain contacts and opportunities using the Company’s CRM system
- Work with Company’s marketing teams to expand FT presence throughout Germany
- Maintain contact with existing customers to promote new products and ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop strong working relationships with key accounts
- Occasially provide support to European distributors as required
- 3 years’ sales experience with proven track record of selling high value capital equipment
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with ability to deliver presentations in a clear and competent manner, in both English and German
- Experience of selling instrumentation for characterising physical properties of particles and powders would be an advantage
- Experience of powder processing environments and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing operations
- BSc or BEng or equivalent in physical sciences or engineering preferred
- Practical mindset with the ability to demonstrate and explain sophisticated scientific instrumentation
- Consultative selling and account management skills are essential
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across a range of platforms, including but not limited to telephone, email and web presentations
Position Specific Requirements
- Highly self-motivated, with ability to work independently and remotely, or as part of a committed team within an office environment
- Ability to negotiate and close sales in timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skill with the ability to enthuse and motivate customers and colleagues
- Clear commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office, Outlook and CRM systems (experience with SalesForce is an advantage)
- Up to 70% travel throughout Germany, with other time working from office or home
- Travel to MIC USA and FT UK on a regular basis for training purposes and sales/strategy meetings
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join a dedicated team as part of a successful, growing company.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com.