Corporate & Social Responsibility Policy
Freeman Technology Ltd (referred to herein as “Freeman” or “the Company”), manufactures and distributes instrumentation for measuring the flow properties of powders. In 2018, Freeman Technology became part of the Micromeritics Instrument Corporation, a company headquartered in Norcross, GA, USA.
At Freeman our most valuable asset is our staff. Our goal is to provide a high quality work product and impeccable service to our clients/customers, and we cannot do it without talented, dedicated employees.
Freeman will strive to create a safe and pleasant working environment where there is a level of mutual trust and respect, in which each individual feels their contribution directly corresponds to the success and reputation of the Company.
All members of the team will be encouraged to realise their potential with relevant training opportunities made available.
All team members shall ensure that customer requirements have been properly determined and the needs and expectations of customers are met with the aim of enhancing customer satisfaction in all possible ways.
The Company’s customers’ needs will be the main priority for all employees.
Freeman is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. The Company prohibits discrimination on all legally protected characteristics including, but not limited to, race, colour, gender, sex, gender identity, transgender, transsexualism, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin, or any other consideration made unlawful by law. The Company expects that all employees shall be treated equally without regard to these characteristics.
Freeman is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity to all employees. This commitment includes complying with the mandates of all laws regarding the employment of persons with disabilities. Qualified employees or prospective employees with disabilities may request accommodations in order to perform the essential functions of their job or to gain access to the hiring process. Freeman will attempt to reasonably accommodate the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on its business operations.
Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment
Freeman strongly believes that all people have the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment. Harassment, based upon a protected characteristic, including sexual harassment, in the workplace is prohibited by law. The purpose of this policy is to assure that no form of unlawful harassment occurs at the Company. This harassment policy includes, but is not limited to, harassment based on a person's age, race, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, religion, sex, and/or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Freeman maintains a zero-tolerance policy and will not tolerate harassment of employees by managers, supervisors, or co-workers. Similarly, the Company will not tolerate harassment by its employees or non-employees with whom Company employees have a business, service, or professional relationship. The Company also will attempt to protect employees from harassment by non-employees in the workplace. It is the Company’s policy that no manager, supervisor, or employee shall threaten or suggest, either explicitly or implicitly, that the refusal of an employee or an applicant for employment to submit to sexual advances in any form will adversely affect that person’s employment, performance evaluation ratings, wages, compensation, advancement, assigned duties, or any other term or condition of employment.
Workplace Health & Safety
Employee safety is a high priority at Freeman. The Company accepts responsibility for providing employees with a safe working environment. The Company’s responsibilities under Health and Safety laws relate to the following regulations:
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (Management Regulations)
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (Manual Handling Regulations)
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 (PPE)
- Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 (Display Screen Regulations)
- Noise at Work Regulations 1989 (Noise Regulations)
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH)
- Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 1987 (Asbestos Regulations)
- Control of Lead at Work Regulations 1998 (Lead Regulations)
- PAT Electrical Safety Checks
The business concerns the testing of powders, some of which are hazardous. Full information and protection is necessary to protect all staff involved. Laboratory staff are fully trained on how to manage powders with stringent procedures in place to identify the necessary risks involved prior to the commencement of testing.
The nature of the products distributed by the Company mean we participate in national and international forums to optimise process performance, increase productivity and improve quality in a diverse range of industries.
- Freeman also aims to minimise its impact on the environment by committing to the following:
- Employees are provided with facilities for the recycling of all paper, cardboard and other recyclable materials.
- Electronic and other office equipment that is not required, or no longer functional, will be disposed of in a responsible manner, following WEEE regulations where applicable, unless other arrangements can be made with charitable organisations.
As the business concerns the testing of powders, full information and protection is necessary to protect the environment. Stringent procedures are followed to ensure the samples are disposed of in a safe manner.
- Freeman officially supports the Tewkesbury Foodbank which forms part of a national network of Trussell Trust Foodbanks.
- Employees are encouraged to support charities of their choice. The option of requesting leave, without using annual allowance, for the purpose of conducting charitable work is open to all those that wish to do so.
Tim Freeman - Managing Director